information is protected, collected and used, which may be updated by
Newyorkcall from time to time. Newyorkcall will provide notice of materially
1. Protecting your privacy
- We don't share your information with third
parties for marketing purposes.
- We don't engage in cross-marketing or link-referral
programs with other sites.
- We don't employ tracking devices for marketing
purposes ("cookies", "web beacons," single-pixel
- We don't send you unsolicited communications
for marketing purposes.
- We offer email anonymization & relay, to reduce
3rd party harvesting & spam.
- Account information is password-protected.
Keep your password safe.
- Forums use basic webserver authentication.
Close your browser to log out.
- Newyorkcall, or people who post on Newyorkcall,
may provide links to third party websites, which
may have different privacy practices. We are
not responsible for, nor have any control over,
the privacy policies of those third party websites,
and encourage all users to read the privacy
policies of each and every website visited.
2. Data we collect
- We sometimes collect your email address, for purposes such as sending
self-publishing and confirmation emails, authenticating user accounts,
providing subscription email services, registering for forums, etc.
- For paid job postings, we collect contact information, such as name(s),
phone/fax number(s), and address for billing purposes. You may need to
provide additional information about your organization if you wish to
qualify for a non-profit job posting account.
- Newyorkcall does not store credit card information. Credit card
transactions are transmitted to a financial gateway, and we endeavor to
protect the security of your payment information during transmission by
using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology.
- We may collect personal information if you provide it in feedback or
comments, post it on our classifieds or interactive forums, or if you
contact us directly. Please do not post any personal information on
Newyorkcall's forums or classifieds that you expect to keep private.
- Our web logs collect standard web log entries for each page served,
including your IP address, page URL, and timestamp. Web logs help us to
diagnose problems with our server, to administer the Newyorkcall site, and to
otherwise provide our service to you.
3. Data we store
- All classified and forum postings are stored in our database.
- Our web logs and other records are stored indefinitely.
- Although we make good faith efforts to store the information in a secure
operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot
guarantee complete security.
4. Archiving and display of Newyorkcall postings by search engines and other sites
Search engines and other sites not affiliated with Newyorkcall - including archive.org,
google.com, and groups.yahoo.com - archive or otherwise make available Newyorkcall postings, including resumes
5. Circumstances in which Newyorkcall may release information
- Newyorkcall may disclose information about its users if required to do so
by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably
necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
- Newyorkcall may also disclose information about its users to law
enforcement officers or others, in the good faith belief that such
disclosure is reasonably necessary to: enforce our
respond to claims that any posting or other content violates the rights of
third-parties; or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Newyorkcall,
its users or the general public.
6. International Users
By visiting our web site and providing us with data, you acknowledge and
agree that due to the international dimension of Newyorkcall we may use the
data collected in the course of our relationship for the purposes identified
in this policy or in our other communications with you, including the
transmission of information outside your resident jurisdiction. In
addition, please understand that such data may be stored on servers located
in the United States. By providing us with your data, you consent to the
transfer of such data.
We welcome your feedback on this document to